Anand Sundaresan is the Vice-Chairman & Managing Director of SCHWING Stetter (India) Pvt Ltd a German Multinational.
Anand Sundaresan is a Chartered Mechanical Engineer and a qualified electrical engineer. He is also an Alumnus of the prestigious Harvard Business School, Boston, having completed ‘Advance Management Program’
With a rich industry expertise, he joined SCHWING Stetter India, in 1999 as Executive Director, and became its Managing Director in January 2002.
He has almost 4 decades of experience in various Indian and multi-national companies. He began his career with the Research & the Development department of Larsen & Toubro’s Heavy Engineering Group and then moved to Greaves Cotton & Company Ltd. Anand Sundaresan also had a short stint as Sales Director in a multinational company M/s Hoesch Rothe Erde (ThyssenKrupp Group, Germany).
Anand Sundaresan is associated with various Chambers, Associations & other bodies in the industry:-
- He is currently the Chairman of the Infrastructure Equipment Skill Council promoted by ICEMA subsidized by the National Skill Development Council on 22nd Aug 2017.
- He was the immediate past President of the Indian Construction and Equipment Manufacturing Council for a period of 2 years 2015-2017.
- He was the elected President of The Employers’ Federation of Southern India for a period of 2 years 2014-2016
- Chairperson of Sipcot Industrial Manufacturers’ Association for the last 6 years.
- He is also the Past Chairman-CII Chennai Zone (2011-12) and
- Elected Member of Tamil Nadu State Council CII -2013-14.
- He is the Leader - EXCON (CII Exhibition for Construction Equipments) Road Show Committee, a position which he held for the last 6 editions.
- He was Member of General Committee of Madras Chamber of Commerce & Industry for several years.
- Member - German Business Group (Indo German Chamber of Commerce)
- Member of Engineering Federation of German Manufacturers (VDMA).
- He was the Chairperson of the European Business Group – Chennai Chapter.
- He is the recipient of the prestigious “Rashtriya Ekta Award” for the year 2001 presented by the National Unity Conference, New Delhi, for outstanding contribution in the field of Construction Industry.
- Mr. Sundaresan was awarded the “Person of the Year” Award during 2nd Equipment India Annual Award held on15th Dec 2014 at India Expo Mart Noida.
- Under his stewardship Schwing Stetter India was awarded the “Best European Company in India” in the SME Segment titled “Impressa Award” conferred by the European Chamber of Commerce in the year 2004.
- In the year 2005, the Company received the prestigious award for “Outstanding contribution towards Indo-German Economic Relations” by Indo German Chamber of Commerce. Again this award was received for the year 2009.
- The Company was awarded the “Best Manufacturing Excellence Award for the year 2005” by Frost & Sullivan on “Customer Training for Service”.
- The Company was awarded the Silver Certificate of Merit for the year 2008 appreciating the efforts taken by the plant and its personnel in enhancing “Manufacturing & Supply-Chain Excellence” by Indian Manufacturing Excellence Awards (IMEA).
- The international award – “Excellent Image of Enterprise” was received by him in the year 2009 in Spain.
- “Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Award”, for Outstanding & Exemplary Achievement in Entrepreneurship was received by Schwing Stetter India under his able leadership.
- Under his able guidance, Schwing Stetter India, was given a merit award - for exhibiting “Strong Commitment to HR Excellence” after undergoing the 3 day, CII 2011 HR Excellence Audit during July 2011.
- His interest in Six Sigma and five years of team effort fetched Schwing Stetter India, the recognition for achieving Six Sigma compliance certificate.
- Hindustan Group of Institutions during their Golden Jubilee Celebration have honored Mr.Sundaresan the Dr.KCG Verghee Excellence Award 2017 for Corporate Achievements.
- Indian Economic Development & Research Association presented the Excellence Award for Industrial Development to Mr. Sundaresan on 12th May 2018 at New Delhi.