To further my experience and knowledge in the advanced field of automotive engineering and share it amongst the like-minded.
IIT Madras, Chennai 1981
More than 35 years in the automotive Industries
Tractors And Farm Equipment Limited, R&D
1998 – Till Date
- Joined as a Principal Member – R&D and currently the Chief Technology Officer & Head, Centre of Excellence
Ashok Leyland Limited
1981 - 1998
- Joined Ashok Leyland Product Development as a GET and rose to the position of Head – Engineering.
What I boast of myself
- Have been active in various professional bodies like AGMA, SAE, CII, NIQR, IIT
- Coach at leading Universities in the subject of leadership, technology and shaping special skill sets
- New technology developments and capability building in the areas of Engine, Transmission, Hydraulics, NVH & recently in Precision Agriculture, Autonomous vehicles
- Introduction of CARGO model with the cab in India, first of its kind at Ashok Leyland
- Introduction of wedge brakes, banjo axles, synchromesh gearbox, heavy duty front axle, parabolic suspensions ….
- Introduction of the indigenous 4WD steer drive axle, constant mesh gearbox , power shuttle
- Introduction of NPI system, recognized as the best by BOSTON ARC Consulting.
- Co-authored over 10 patents in recent technology areas
Current interest in Precision Agriculture, Autonomous and Energy innovation